WAXING 101 FAQs
Yes! Surgi offers solutions to rid your face and body of unwanted hair. Surgi offers a selection of Depilatory Creams, Hard waxes and Wax Strips, as well as Sensitive Skin formulations.
Shaving cuts the hair at or above the skin’s surface, leaving stubble that feels coarse as it grows back.
Depilatories gently dissolve the hair slightly below the skin’s surface so it takes longer to grow back, and feels softer to the touch. Unlike shaving, with Surgi Creams, there’s no need to worry about razor burns, nicks or stubble.
Yes. SURGI Face Cream, infused with green tea, oat bran, and arnica was formulated to be used on the face, including the lip area, cheeks, and chin. It is not recommended to use near the eyes or eyebrows.
SURGI Face Cream for Sensitive Skin is specially formulated with the soothing properties of lavender, aloe, and arnica.
SURGI has different depilatory solutions recommended for the body. Body Cream Hair Removal contains green tea, oat bran, and arnica, and skin is smooth and stubble free in minutes. Shower-Off Body Cream for Sensitive Skin includes lavender, aloe, and arnica.
Unwanted hair is gone in as little as 4 to 8 minutes!
Be sure to wait at least 72 hours before reapplication.
Shaving cuts the hair at or above the skin’s surface, leaving stubble that feels coarse as it grows back. Depilatories gently dissolve the hair slightly below the skin’s surface so it takes longer to grow back. Waxing removes hair from the root underneath the skin, not just from the surface, making it an effective method of hair removal with long lasting results.
Waxing is a method of hair removal that removes hair from the root underneath the skin, not just from the surface. This effectively weakens the hair root. The hair follicle goes through another cycle of re-growth which can take up to 6 weeks. Consistent removal of hair from the root allows hair to grow back softer and finer.
SURGI Wax Strips is a great way to start! It’s safe, effective, and simple. Just rub the Wax Strips between your hands to warm up the wax for a few moments and then pull apart. Smooth the Wax Strip onto desired area and remove. Results are silky, hair free skin!
If you have sensitive skin, rub an ice cube over the area first to numb it a bit. To calm skin after waxing, immediately apply gentle pressure with your hands to soothe skin.
Yes. Avoid waxing just before or during the first days of your menstrual cycle, as skin is more sensitive at this time.
SURGI Hair Removal ensures silky smooth results that last weeks longer than shaving!
You may be having one of the following problems:
- Skin wasn’t properly prepped. Make sure the area to be waxed is first cleansed with Cleanse & Prep Gel to remove all perspiration, oils, and makeup so that wax adheres to the hair better.
- The hair is too short. Hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long for proper hair removal.
- The wax strip was not applied immediately after application. Make sure to rub firmly for 3-4 seconds in the direction of hair growth and remove strip in the opposite direction.
- The wax strip was pulled off too slowly or in the wrong direction. Apply wax in the direction of hair growth. Hold skin taut, removing in one swift motion in the opposite direction of hair growth. Make sure the strip is pulled off parallel to the skin, not straight up.
SURGI has been removing the unwanted hair of satisfied customers since 1957. You’ll take comfort in knowing that these formulas soothe, refresh, and protect your skin with an infusion of botanicals, including arnica.
• Hair Should be about 1/4 inches long
• Be sure to sanitize your hands as well as your client’s prior to any service.
• Clean area by applying soap and water, then rinse and pat dry.
• Apply the wax as far down as necessary, making sure to end wax in a hair free area. Follow the direction of hair growth. Working in a small area, as the hair growth pattern indicates, apply the wax with your applicator. Make sure to allow the wax to cover no more than a two-inch area.
• Pull the strip in the opposite direction, as quickly and as close to the skin as possible.
• Apply FIRM pressure with your hand immediately after each epilation.
• Work in small sections only and repeat procedure for each section. Remember that each change in the direction of hair growth requires a separate application.
• To remove waxy residue from the skin after waxing, use a cotton ball or cotton pad soaked in olive oil, baby oil or mineral oil.
• No hot baths for the reminder of the day, as soaking in hot water can cause skin to become red and irritated
• Not tanning bed sessions for up to 48 hours after waxing or cream depilation
• After 48 hours, it is recommended to exfoliate skin to help prevent ingrow hairs
• Enjoy the silkiest hair-free skin ever!
• Important warning for women: Do not schedule your waxing session 3 days before your period, as skin tends to be the most sensitive during this time